Monday 15 June 2015

Distorted Perception

My memory has deceived me.  I recall a face that I do not recognize as true, and in looking back I realize who I remember was not real.  Who did I love? Who did I know? Who was my alli?

In review of photos taken from past events, comparing them to the minds eye of time already passed, I cannot trust myself with my emotions, with my feelings with what stories I have told myself.

This is why our past is not a reliable resource to guide our present towards our future.  This is why we must only live in the present.  In the many days spent in solitude, in sanctuary, I reconcile with my own delusions.  For if who I am has been who I remember I have been, then the idea of myself is false.

What may be uncovered while standing in the light after a time spent in darkness, is not necessarily the truth, but a revealing of where the illusions stood.

Who we are is only that which we have experienced, and what if what we have experienced is false? Then who are we?

I leave these questions with you, to ponder, to ricochet, to assist in dissolving all the illusions of what you may have perceived, as the truth.


 
~ Insight shared from Arthena Sophia Aradhana ~
www.facebook.com/arthena.aradhana

No comments:

Post a Comment